Hang gliders at Alyeska Ski Resort, Girdwood,
Summer in Alaska
You may think Alaska is a cold place, full of
ice and snow but in the summer, if the forest fires aren't burning and sending
up smoke that blankets us from the sun, the temperature can reach 100 degrees
in Fairbanks. After being cooped up all winter, we Alaskans know how to get out
and play as this page shows.
Click on "Next" to start the story
and you can navigate from page to page. But just for fun, you can click on:
- the yellow parasail - to see how we started out.
- the hanging man - to see the midnight sun.
- the tiny red glider - to see why we hurried back.
- small blue glider - to see a wonderful surprise.
- the tiny white cloud - to see Natures Encore.